Photograph courtesty of the Plymouth Historical Museum.
Index of Historic Plymouth Mail, 1887 - May, 1915
The first issue of the Plymouth Mail was printed on September 16, 1887. This was a weekly newspaper that contained information concerning people, places and happenings in and around not only Plymouth, but much of western Wayne County, Michigan. The Plymouth Mail became the Plymouth Mail and Observer and then changed into The Plymouth Observer in 1975, the name by which it is known today.
For the past twenty-five years, dedicated volunteers at the Plymouth District Library have abstracted information from the Plymouth Mail and created an electronic index of the resulting names, events, and dates. The index covering the years 1887 through 1915 is now fully searchable from this page.
Plymouth Area Cemetery Listings
Funding for the Local History Portal is provided, in part, by a grant from the Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs. We are greatful for their generous support.
Plymouth Mail Search Tips
The Name can a partial or complete name of a person, business, instituation, or even topic.
"Plymouth District Library", "John", "Smith" and "Smith, John" are all valid.
The Year can be left blank, can be a single year, or can be a range.
"1887" or "1900-1915" are valid values.